Brooke White Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Brooke White looks forward to performing for fun, not votes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator
geewindu

Brooke White looks forward to performing for fun, not votes Empty
PostSubject: Brooke White looks forward to performing for fun, not votes   Brooke White looks forward to performing for fun, not votes EmptyJuly 2nd 2008, 7:22 am

Valley Idol looks forward to performing for fun, not votes
Randy Cordova
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 26, 2008 12:00 AM

Question: How are rehearsals going?

Answer: They've been going well. . . . Since I've been off the show I haven't been in performance mode, so it's been great to get back to the piano, the guitar and to see all the contestants.

Q: What do you think about the tour starting in your home state?

A: It's awesome. When I made the top 10, we had a meeting and they said that the first show tentatively would be in Glendale. I was really excited, but at the same time, I wonder if I would want to go back later after I've had some time to work out the bugs (giggling). Everybody's going to be hearing my first go on a big stage!

Q: What's it like working with the competition aspect removed?

A: It's a sense of relief. To begin with, I'm not the most competitive person on the planet. When you're on the show, you're in that mode. It's great to know that now it's not about votes. As soon as you finish your song, nobody is going to tell you (affecting a British accent), "That was terrible." A lot of the pressure is gone, but at the same time this is the biggest audience I'll have ever performed to beyond the television.

Q: Will you be offering any surprises? Maybe some rapping?

A: (Laughing) No rapping from Brooke White. I'm not sure about doing anything overly surprising. It's just good music, I hope, and something that people will enjoy.

Q: On the series, you projected a vulnerable quality. Your fans seem protective of you.

A: I'm really grateful that people were that way toward me. When I was in New York City doing press, literally every couple of steps people would just put their arms around me and say, "I hope you're OK," and, "You've been in my prayers." It's very touching for me, actually. I did feel extremely vulnerable on that show. I don't know any other way to be; yet at the same, it's a hard way to be. I don't know how to pretend to be something else.

Q: Speaking of being yourself, it seemed like such an un-Brooke thing when you performed Bad Girls in the finale.

A: I kind of kept that to myself. I said to my husband, "I've listened to this song a million times on the radio, but I never sat and listened to the lyrics closely." I knew that song was just not me. At the same time, we were supposed to sing in this medley. I asked my husband if I should say something. He said that it was a group medley and they had everything planned out, and at that point I probably should just do it. It's funny you should recognize that, because, yes, that wasn't quite Brooke White. It's harder to speak out in a group setting.

Q: On the other hand, it was perfect when they paired you with Graham Nash.

A: Oh, that was a very intuitive situation. I thought that was totally perfect. The meaning of the song (Teach Your Children), the genre it fits in . . . it was great. He's a legend, truly, but I thought he was just an ego-free kind of a guy and so very humble.

Q: Who was your best friend among the contestants?

A: We've all become a pretty tight group of friends. It's kind of like siblings. Kristy Lee Cook was my roommate in the beginning, and I'm going to be a bridesmaid at her wedding, so she's probably my best friend.

Q: To viewers, it seemed obvious after a certain point that it would be a David-David finale. Did the contestants feel that?

A: I think it was obvious to the degree that they had never been in the bottom three. We spent so much time together, and those guys would get loads of fan mail daily. You could kind of see how it was going by the amount of fan mail each of us got. Those two, along with Jason Castro - the fan mail was out of control. Still, anything can happen on that show, but the David-David finale wasn't a surprise.

Q: What's next for you? Will there be a record deal?

A: There are definitely certain things I have to abide with my American Idol contract. I won't be signing anything until three months after the show is over. That doesn't mean I'm not looking ahead preparing for the future. The point of doing the show was not just to be on TV but to launch into a real career.

Q: What about acting? The Andrew Lloyd Webber show was one of your best performances.

A: When you get off the show, you kind of realize what options are out there. Acting is not something I was interested in before, but you have to look at opportunities and see if they're right for you. I've always been afraid of acting (giggling). My lifestyle would make it difficult for me to take many roles. But never say no to something before taking a good, long look.

It's all HERE
Back to top Go down

Brooke White looks forward to performing for fun, not votes
Page 1 of 1