Brooke White Fans
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

How Brooke Picks Her Songs

Go down 
AuthorMessage
geewindu
Administrator
Administrator
geewindu

How Brooke Picks Her Songs Empty
PostSubject: How Brooke Picks Her Songs   How Brooke Picks Her Songs EmptyMay 6th 2008, 3:43 am

''Here's the problem with Neil Diamond songs,'' Brooke White tells Byrd and associate musical director Matt Rohde Thursday afternoon. ''Every song is about a woman or alcohol. And I can't sing about either.'' The 24-year-old Mormon is frustrated, hoarse, and still reeling from last week's stop-and-start song debacle. ''No starting over again,'' she says. ''I tortured myself about it. Now I'm done.'' Alas, rehearsing yields more torture. After debating ''Cracklin' Rosie'' and ''Cherry, Cherry,'' she settles on ''I Am...I Said'' and ''I'm a Believer,'' which she won in the hat pick.
But White still isn't completely sold on ''Believer.'' ''I don't want it to turn into a big cheese-ball song,'' she worries, citing the Smash Mouth version from Shrek. ''Should I stay or should I go?'' White sings under her breath, and then, ''I can do it. I can do it,'' though she doesn't sound so sure. A few days later, after meeting with Diamond and rehearsing until midnight, she seems to have her nerves under control. She'll now play piano (instead of guitar, as previously planned) on ''I Am...I Said,'' and guitar on ''I'm a Believer.'' ''That's my plan now,'' she says Monday afternoon. ''When I get on stage everything could change.''
Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1